Porsche Taycan to get either an 80 or 96 kWh battery, depending on the version.
British CAR Magazine surprisingly revealed expected specification and prices of the upcoming Porsche Taycan in an article that followed demo rides at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
According to the publication, there will be a few versions of the Taycan, which vary by performance, drive units, battery pack capacity (80-96 kWh) and more:
base Taycan – with 80 kWh battery and RWD (two motor choices of 322 bhp or 376 bhp) priced at low $90,000.
mid-range Taycan Carerra 4S – with 96 kWh battery and AWD (power output of 429 bhp or 483 bhp), priced at high $90,000.
Taycan Turbo – with 96 kWh battery and AWD (over 600 bhp of power and 649 lb-ft of peak torque, 738 lb ft in the 10-second overboost window), priced at £120,000 ($149,000).
– Up to 320 miles (515 km) of range (likely WLTP)
– two-speed transmission
– 215 bhp/221 lb-ft on the front axle, 402 bhp/406 lb-ft on the rear axle
– motors top speed of 16,000 rpm
– 0-62 mph (100 km/h) in 3.2 seconds
– 0-124 mph (200 km/h) in less than 10 seconds
– “ten full-throttle 0-62 mph and four 0-124 mph launches without seeing a decrease in performance”
– top speed of 162 mph (261 km/h) “without battery overheating”
– curb weight of 2,095 kg
– air suspension
– regenerative braking power controlled from the steering wheel
Taycan Turbo S – in the works, AWD with power output of 724 bhp
Taycan GTS – in the work, lighter RWD version
video porsche electricity ready taycan Porsche: Hey Electricity, Get Ready For The Taycan ⠀porsche taycan nurburgring final testing 2020 Porsche Taycan Spied At The Nürburgring During Final Testing